A quick and simply Halal Chronicles take on the famous Wagamama’s Prawn Firecracker.
Ingredients (serves 2):
For the prawns:
- 75-100g Raw prawns
- 50ml srirachi sauce
- 1tbsp garlic and ginger purée
- 1tbsp soy sauce
For the sauce:
- Toasted sesame oil, as required
- 200ml Sriracha sauce (adjust to your preference)
- 2/3 chopped fresh garlic gloves
- 1tbsp Soy sauce (taste and add more if required)
- Salt, as required
- Coriander for garnishing
- Spring onion for garnishing
- Black sesame seeds for garnishing
- Shichimi seasoning for garnishing
- Cooked Jasmine rice
- 3-4 Large dried red chilli (adjust to your preference)
- Mangetout, as required
- Optional: Baby corn, as required
- 2 Onion, quartered
- 1 Whole red pepper, roughly chopped
- Marinate the prawns in 50ml sriracha sauce, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and salt as required
- Set aside in the fridge for 2-3hrs.
- Remove prawns from fridge
- In a pan heat 1-2tbp of toasted sesame oil.
- Add the marinated prawns and cook for 2mins (approx) on both sides
- Remove the prawns, leaving the sauce in the pan.
- Add more toasted sesame oil if required
- Add the dried chilli to hot oil and cook for 1min (the chilli will flavour the oil)
- Next add the chopped garlic clove and cook until slightly golden brown
- Add the quartered onion and cook on high heat for 1min
- Season as required (pinch only)
- Add the mangetout, red pepper and optional baby corn. Cook on high heat until the vegetables are slightly soft but still crunchy.
- Add the sriracha sauce and cook for approx. 1min. Add more sauce to your desired consistency.
- Add 1tbsp of sauce sauce and mix (adjust according to your preference)
- Next add the prawns to the sauce and mix until the prawns are coated in the sauce
- Serve with cooked Jasmine rice topped with shichimi seasoning and black sesame seeds.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and spring onion.
Enjoy! Share your recreations using #halalchroniclesrecipes!