A quick and simply Halal Chronicles take on the famous Wagamama’s Prawn Firecracker.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 50-75g Raw prawns
- Toasted sesame oil, as required
- 200ml Sriracha sauce
- 1-2tsp Garlic puree
- 1-2tsp Ginger puree
- 2tbp Soy sauce
- Salt, as required
- Coriander for garnishing
- Black sesame seeds for garnishing
- Shichimi seasoning for garnishing
- Cooked Jasmine rice
- 4 Large dried red chilli
- Mangetout, as required
- Baby corn, as required
- 1 Onion, quartered
- 1 Whole red pepper, roughly chopped
- Marinate the prawns in 50ml sriracha sauce, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and salt as required
- Set aside in the fridge for 2-3hrs.
- In a pan heat 1-2tbp of toasted sesame oil.
- Add the marinated prawn mixture and cook for 3mins.
- Remove the prawns, leaving the sauce in the pan.
- Add the dried chilli and cook for 1 min.
- Add the mangetout, red pepper, onion and baby corn. Cook on high heat until the vegetables are slightly soft but still crunchy.
- Add the remaining 150ml of sriracha sauce and cook for approx. 5mins. Add more sauce to your desired consistency.
- Add the prawns to the sauce mixture and cook for approx. 2mins, coating the prawns in the sauce.
- Serve with Jasmine rice topped with shichimi seasoning and black sesame seeds.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
Enjoy! Share your recreations using #halalchroniclesrecipes!