A quick and simply Halal Chronicles take on the infamous Wagamama’s Prawn Firecracker.
Ingredients (serves 2):
For the sauce:
- Toasted sesame oil, as required
- 200ml Sriracha sauce (adjust to your preference)
- 2 Finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 1tbsp Soy sauce (taste and add more if required)
- Salt, as required
- Coriander for garnishing
- Spring onion for garnishing
- Black sesame seeds for garnishing
- Shichimi seasoning for garnishing
- Cooked Jasmine rice
- 3-4 Large dried red chilli (adjust to your preference)
- Mangetout, as required
- Optional: Baby corn, as required
- 2 Small Onion, quartered
- 1 Whole red pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 Lime wedges
- In a pan heat 1-2tbp of toasted sesame oil
- Add the dried chilli to the hot oil and cook for a few seconds (the chilli will flavour the oil)
- Next add the chopped garlic clove and stir-fry until slightly golden brown
- Add the quartered onion and stir-fry on high heat for a few seconds (until the onions are slightly charred)
- Season as required (pinch only)
- Add the mangetout, red pepper and optional baby corn. Stir-fry on high heat for approx. 1min.
- Add the prawns and stir-fry for 2mins
Add the sriracha sauce and coat the vegetables and prawns in the sauce for approx. 30 seconds. Add more sauce to your desired consistency.
- Add 1tbsp of soy sauce (adjust according to your preference) and mix for a few seconds
- Serve with cooked Jasmine rice topped with shichimi seasoning and black sesame seeds.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, spring onion and lime wedge.
Enjoy! Share your recreations using #halalchroniclesrecipes!