These Indian snacks are perfect as a canapé/ appetiser/ snack for any occasion. Use ready made pani puri and tamarind sauce, available in most Asian grocery stores/supermarkets.
- 1/2 Can of chickpeas
- Ready made pani puri
- Tamarind sauce, as required
- Natural yoghurt, as required
- 1 Large red onion cut into small cubes
- A bunch of fresh coriander finely chopped
- 2 green chilli finely chopped (add an extra green chilli if you want extra spice)
- Add salt to taste
- Bhujia, as required
- 1/2 Pomegranate
- Place the chickpeas into a bowl and mix with the finely chopped red onion, coriander, chilli and salt to taste.
- Create a small hollow in the pani puri and add the chickpea filling.
- Top with bhujia and then dress with pomegranate seeds, chopped coriander, and finely chopped red onion.
- Pour a small amount of the tamarind sauce into mini pipettes and serve on the side of each pani puri.
- Drizzle a small amount of tamarind sauce over the pain puri.
- Optional: drizzle a small amount of natural yoghurt.
- Serve immediately.
So simple and so delicious!
Enjoy! Share your recreations using the hashtag: halalchroniclesrecipes!